Wednesday, March 4, 2009

fob?

This has been such a rough week, starting from Monday. I just can not seem to wake up like I have been. The lure of the heavenly aroma of coffee is so strong! If only there was a coffee pot at work, that would make life so much more easier.

Anyway, there's this new professor that is currently working in the lab and he came all the way from India, not sure which part exactly. I showed him how to take his LB + Agar Media to the autoclave and on the way back, he asked me along the line of, when did I come here from China? I was stunned! And after I told him no, I was born here, he was like, "good accent". wtf. What accent? I was so insulted. I just wanted to throttle him and arg. I'm still ticked from thinking about it. I am so not a FOB. Mistaken identity people!

Another thing that ticked me off - people who use the autoclave incorrectly. Hello? Dry and liquid stuff do NOT get autoclaved TOGETHER. Hence there is a separate program and button for dry goods, and liquid goods. Furthermore, whoever did that ALSO forgot to use a tray for the media and so I had to take it out and the steam coming off from the bottle slightly burned my fingers. That was not fun. So yes, people need to be properly trained to use the autoclave machine before they go all-gung-ho on it and think they know it all. I guess that is another pet-peeve of mine - people who cannot follow simple instructions or protocols.

I need a shot of caffeine to keep going. A nice delicious smoothie would be extremely delightful and refreshing right about now. :)

p.s. I miss the sun. :(

1 comment: