Thursday, March 12, 2009

hemolysis


Is it wrong to that I'm more worried about killing Flintstone than my midterm on Monday? Probably... but I already spotted two wilted flowers on Flintstone! And as I was touching one of them, it fell off. Arg. I hope I don't have like an anti-green thumb or something. :(

Studying hemolysis and the different types of intracorpuscular defects that can cause hemolytic anemias is sooooo boring. The iron definiciency and megaloblastic anemia was much more interesting to look at. It's probably because the lectures were shorter. :P

Did you know... during hemolysis and your bone marrow is trying to produce more cells, you can end up having skeletal deformities?? A sign of this are widen foreheads because the bone there is still capable of producing blood cells and so, as the cells increase in number, it expands and hence, your forehead expands too! Totally random. I just thought it was kinda cool. :)

1 comment: