Friday, August 27, 2010

stretched taunt

Sometimes I feel like I'm pulled at every angle. Not by people but more towards responsibilities and emotions I suppose. A few weeks back I enrolled in a Princeton GRE review course that meets up every Tuesday night for 7 weeks. I anticipated a whole buttload of homework and no surprise, you ask and you shall receive! The GRE manual and ETS book is always nearby, tucked away in my bright green tote bag. So I have been devoting a lot of my time to the class and trying my darn hardest to stay on track in terms of homework and coursework. Luckily I always have a few hours at work to just scribble away so that has been extremely helpful since I seem have a knack at being unproductive at home. But I still want to have fun. I still want to go out at night and have a nice dinner. I want to go places on the weekends and not think about the long list of vocab words I have yet to memorize. And, this is going to sound awful, but I want to knit. I want to knit my stress away in the form of scarves and hats and whatnots! My creative outlet is feeling quite repressed at the moment.

All this is driving me nuts. Every time I go out, I pray for a satisfying night that will leave me feeling content. And when it doesn't, I get super grumpy because a little part of me is whispering sarcastically, "well wasn't that fun... you could have spent that whole time being more productive instead!" This, in turn, causes me to go sink into my pit of funk where everything just simply sucks. GREs, I dislike you! I dislike the person you have turned me into.

No comments:

Post a Comment