Wednesday, March 24, 2010

coffee on my mind

Recently I have been hooked, addicted, obsessed, with coffee. Just this past weekend, my friend Paula and I checked out a local coffee "hideout" in SF called Blue Bottle on Linden. It's so small and is literally out of someone's garage in the middle of an alley. I ordered a mocha (for $4.50) and the foam/whip design was so cute! It was one of the main reasons why we, more like Paula, chose this place. I'm really glad we got to check it out. The mocha tasted more like hot, dark chocolate - very delicious! There was a park nearby and we talked, sipped coffee, and watched kids and dogs walk by. I hope I have many more days like that in the future.



Blue Bottle can be considered a hidden gem. Hidden from plain view, hard to find parking. I'm not an expert at coffee tasting but the taste of the Caffe Mocha was quite different from the ones that I have had in the past. It was more chocolate, but not in an overly sweet way. The price of the drink, in proportion to the size, was reasonable - comparable to the price of Starbucks. There were not a lot of selections but sometimes that might make it easier for the customer to choose. I noticed while we were there that they served espresso shots in tiny mug cups. And once they were done with the drink, they just handed the cup back. I like! :D

I would love to go back a second time, if only parking was easier. Another drawback was that it is so far from my house. I wonder if there are any nice coffee shops nearby my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment