Sunday, August 16, 2009

warm welcomes



What a welcomed sight when I first arrived home. Freshly backed apple pie, courtesy of my lovely mom and brother. Although the pastry shell was not hand made, it was quite delicious and flaky nonetheless. My brother said he added less sugar than the recipe called for and I find that it was a nice balance of taste and sweetness to the pie. Yum!


After a day's worth of eager knitting, I finally managed to knit something successfully! It's suppose to be an orange, though my family commented that it looks more like a tangerine. For the orange ball, I used this simple pattern and as for the leaves, I took it from this really cute peach pattern. I plan to draw a face on it also but I have yet to figure out which expression to use. Next stop, Dragonballs! And seven of them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment