Tuesday, March 2, 2010

food on the brain

I should really be heading to bed, but I can't seem to tear myself away from all these wonderful (and saliva-inducing) food blogs. Seeing all the bright and delicious dishes in all its colorful glory just simply makes me want to cook. I've decided to start a recipe notebook (more like an old notebook from my studying days) to keep all the recipes I have attempted in the past, as well as those I would like to try my hand at. So far I want to give my chicken tetrazzini dish a second go. The first time I made it, it was so good, in a surprising I didn't know what I was doing and eyeballing ingredients and oh my god yummy kind of way. Hopefully the second time will be just as good, and maybe less buttery. Yes, I know butter adds to the flavor but when I reheated leftovers, you can clearly see some oil separating from the sauce. Yuck. As for new recipes, I would love to make a creamy risotto! I would give myself a huge pat on the back if it comes out half-decent. My stomach's already rumbling from thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment