Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

My Labor Day weekend can be summarized with a couple of words: hectic, laughs, smiles.

It was a bit crazy driving back home just to drive away the very next morning with 3-4 hours of sleep. Thank goodness my dad provided me with life's best energy source - COFFEE! And having my brother wish me a happy and safe trip to LA definitely made the morning way brighter. The plane was unexpectedly tiny! I was definitely worried for a while because of all the noise the plane was making when the gears was going up.


It was really fun hanging out with B's family and watching them interact with one another. My family functions really different in comparison so it was nice to see and be a part of something different for once. It was also interesting meeting the rest of his family and his cousins/nephews/nieces. The wedding was also really nice and touching. I nearly teared up because I thought it was so sweet and simple. Yeah, I get teary-eyed quite easily...

I didn't take that many pictures but I'll for sure remember this weekend for awhile. These are some of the memorable places and things we did: went to Rosco's Chicken N Waffles (a higher-end KFC in my opinion), a fancy Chinese restaurant that served shark fin soup (this was quite a debate afterwards, whether it was actually shark fin soup or something else...), a yummy Indonesian cafe (I want to go again!!), Wolfgang Puck catering at the wedding, and Manhattan beach (too bad the weather was kind of crappy). Oh, and I also brought back some desserts from the Indonesian cafe and it was delicious! B said that Indonesian food is a bit fattening, which is super unfortunate because it tastes so phenomenal that I want to have it every day and would have to sacrifice my waistline for it. Food, or waist. Hmm.. tough decision.

It was only 3 days but it was a well-needed vacation, even though I was running low on sleep. It's hard getting back to work mode when your body and mind just wants to run the other way. Now all I'm looking forward to is a trip out of the state, maybe to Hawaii again? That would be pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment