Thursday, September 2, 2010

sweltering, melting

The weather is so crazy right now! It's night time and I feel as though the temperature hasn't even dropped one bit. I can't wait to get back to the bay where all the fog and chillness is.

Yesterday B, The Professor, and I went on a little field trip to find these little creatures down below.


Burrowing owls! Also known as Athene cunicularia. Did you know that these particular owls are most active in the day? Yes, I wikipedia-ed the information. And that's all I know as of yet. Maybe I should have asked The Professor more questions while we were staring down the owls. I was too busy feeling miserable in the oppressive heat in my jeans, cursing myself for not bringing an extra pair of shorts to change into. Unfortunately the sun was glaring straight at us while we were taking pictures of the owls so this is the best picture I've got. (We brought a friend's better quality camera but the battery died after like 5 photos - major fail!) I definitely want to go back and take better pictures, preferably with a camera that's fully charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment