Thursday, September 23, 2010

waiting for winter

It's nearing the end of September and I can't believe we are still in the mid-high 90s here in Davis. I'm ready for the coldness of Winter, the bulky sweaters and jackets, and oh my, definitely the soups and stews! I want to try my hand at making clam chowder, chicken pot pie, and even a Thai soup that looks so scrumptious I can eat it off the page! My brother told me I should try to make it right now anyway, despite the weather, but I don't know...

I also started a new scarf for myself with the blue yarn from Caron and it's going pretty well so far, with the exception of a slight curling on the edges. The design is coming through nicely, which I am greatly pleased with. In addition, I bought a Kaplan Vocabulary deck for the GREs and I must admit, it is a lot easier to study with actual, physical, flashcards rather than using the flashcard website. I can carry the deck anywhere. It is extremely portable and compact!

As for everything else, I'm experiencing a cautious optimism? I'm trying to just keep my head on straight, focus on the GREs and get that done with, and let everything else fall into place. I can only hope and strive for the best, cross my fingers, dot my I's and cross my X's, etc. So yes, cautiously optimistic is the phrase I would use to describe my mood for the time being. Maybe even slightly tinged with apprehension?

No comments:

Post a Comment